Frequently Requested Donation Items
- Bottled water
- Large Tarps
- Sleeping bags
- Can openers
- Flashlights and other battery operated lights
- Hand sanitizer
- Misc. camping gear
- Personal hygiene products
- Female personal hygiene products
- Clothing items for both male/female
- Underwear and undershirts (S-2XL)
- Long underwear: tops & bottoms (S-2XL)
- Socks (knee high, calf and crew)
- T-shirts (S-2XL)
- Caps with sun visors
- Rain ponchos
- Winter hats
- Winter gloves
- Winter coats
How to Donate
To donate items please contact:
CoC Executive Director
(815) 723-2500 ext. 108
Do donate nonperishable goods to food pantries and shelters.
Do donate old (but lightly used) clothes to reputable organizations. It helps if these clothes are appropriate for the season and climate.
Don’t drop off food directly to unsheltered people/encampments. Especially perishable goods or goods that need to be cooked.
Why? We understand that you want to provide someone with a warm meal. However, with no safe way to store food, uneaten food will be left to rot. This creates a beacon for unwanted pests.